Don’t underestimate the power of accessories. Carefully chosen, the right ones can give your home a fresh look without breaking the bank. Lamps, rugs and candles in zingy hues will add a hit of colour without being too drastic. A hot pink cushion is easier to live with than an entire wall!
* Think of new ways to display your treasures. Instead of putting plates in neat rows on a kitchen dresser, why not hang assorted designs in an informal arrangement on your living room wall for a contemporary look?
* Give a room an instant lift by investing in patterned bed linen. It’s a simple yet effective way to accessorise a bedroom without cluttering the space.
* Cleverly fitted storage can be a great way to give your room personality. Accessorise the shelves with your favourite books and knick knacks.
* Clocks are fast becoming artwork in their own right and are the perfect way to put a stamp on a plain wall in your home.
* Instead of splashing out on the latest bright kitchen accessories, you can revitalise cheap white cotton ones. Aprons, teatowels and oven gloves can all be easily dyed in the washing machine. Genius!
* It’s simple to add instant style to any room with an opulent glass vase or two. For a contemporary edge, look for distinctive shapes, textures or colours. Buy new or scour boot sales and charity shops for vintage finds.
* A floorstanding mirror is a savvy investment as it makes any room appear larger. More versatile than a hanging mirror, simply prop up against a wall for an instantly larger space.
* Cushions needn’t be reserved for beds or sofas. Buy oversized ones and make your floor an appealing lounging spot
* Bathrooms are one of the easiest rooms to brighten up on a budget. All you need are a few coloured towels, a soap dish and a toothbrush mug to liven up a plain white suite. Try jet black for a modern twist – timeless yet dramatic.
* The simplest ideas are often the best. Patterned china or pretty painted jugs make charming vases. Just fill with cottage garden flowers for homespun appeal.
* It’s all in the detail. Transform plain curtains into a work of art with decorative tie backs. Look for rope, beads, tassels, jewels, ribbon and glass, or make your own from offcuts of fabric.
* In these more careful times, everyone’s entertaining at home. Dress your table for the part with a smart table runner in the latest fashion obsession – teal. Use with simple white or black china for maximum impact.
* A collection of twinkling tealights, candles or ornaments on a wall-mounted table won’t take up much space in a hall, but will create a warm and welcoming glow for visitors.
Thursday 9 – 6pm
Sun 10 – 4